Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hot Naked Sauce (over tortellini)


I don't make my own tortellini, but I'm particular about which brands I buy. I prefer those that are made & sold by local Italian restaurants. They seem to be fresher and have more filling than the typical frozen brand. You can, of course, also buy fresh or make your own, but I'm not your girl for those recipes.

Hot Naked Sauce
¼ c butter, melted
¼ c EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1-2 Tablespoons fresh sweet basil, crushed and torn (or 2-3 Tbls dried basil leaves)
3 cloves garlic peeled & minced
¼ tsp sea salt

Mix everything together and simmer over a medium heat to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve over freshly cooked pasta (tortellini or otherwise) or pour over thick slices of Italian bread and bake at 350 until golden brown.

You can add diced sun-dried tomatoes or a splash of cream for variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment